Wednesday, August 4, 2010

long time no post

Its been awhile. Yes it has. Unfortunatly CF got the best of me for a little. I started out with a raging lung infection and a 103 temp. Started antibiotics and got better slowly and then last thursday BOOM...bad asthma attack. Which led to the dreaded steroids. Steroids are bad enough in a "normal" person...add my depression, anxiety and PTSD and its even more trouble.

So whats been going on? For one thing God has been working on me big time. I fully believe He used that bout of sickness to pull me closer to Him and to get me to slow down so I could spend some time with Him. In addition I have found myself increasingly convicted about what i watch, listen to, and read. Well actually probably watch and read since I've always leaned towards Christian music. This includes my sookie stackhouse love. So I am trying to read more Christian fiction, more Christian books and be more selective of what I watch on TV. This is an area I think God deals with us all individually. This is what I might be called to do right now....it might not be what you are called to. God may speak to you and move you in an area that He doesn't with me.

I know my focus needs to be on God, only with Him can I heal and find new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment