Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My God is bigger

Veggie Tales aren't just for kids! My favorite Veggie Tales song is "my God is bigger". My God is bigger than the boogey man and the monsters on TV...

I remember growing up my brother and I had what we called the boogey man mask. It was an ugly green mask with orange hair. During the day we would play with it but when night time came we begged for it to be in a closet. I'm not sure now what was so scary about that mask and I believe it might still be in the attic

Anyway back to the song! I think sometimes we make God too small. We try to put Him in a box and limit Him to human qualities. He's not human! He's the creator of the world....there is no box big enough to hold God! He's bigger than everything. He's bigger than our problems, our fears, our illnesses and our boogey men. He's big enough to handle it all.

But we need to make Him that big. We need to believe that He is that big. Get Him out of the box and quit trying to define Him. Let Him work...quit trying to tell Him how to work! He is not human, not bound by our limitations etc. So let Him be big in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment