Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mixed feelings

So I had my doctor appointment. On the good side my lungs sounded clear and I am stable enough that my mood meds needed no upping or tweaking.

On the bad side there are now concerns about my heart. My heart rate is always above 120. So now I have a cardiac workup and cardiologist visit in my future. Nothing is scheduled because its not really urgent. I mean this has been going on for years...I just finally have a good doctor who is interested in me and my problems. Still scary to be told that though. I have had several EKGs, an Echo and spent way too much time hooked up to a heart moniter and all of those are normal. Doctor spent a long time listening to my heart and other than being fast all was normal. The general consensus is that even if everything turns out okay and its normal for me that I probably still need meds to slow it down and reduce the risk of damage

My doctor must have thought I was stable mood wise though as I don't have to go back until the end of august. And despite being on Seroquel I lost 3 pounds!

I'm working hard and am the most functional that I've been in a long time. Considering what bad shape I was in after the assualt and where I had been emotionally/mentally even years before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment