Thursday, September 2, 2010

Its been a week...or I'm gonna start forwarding my mail to the hospital

Okay so hit the Er last thursday...spent 6hrs getting fluids, IV zofran, mega breathing treatments and having tests done. Got sent home. Back friday....more fluids, more zofran, more breathing treatments and IV steroids. 6hrs again. They were really on the fence about letting me go but did. Said if it got worse to come back to be admitted.

Saturday early morning...back this time with bags packed. More tests, oxygen, IV steroids, breathing treatments and chest percussion therapy with a percussor. Oh and IV zofran. Changed my antibiotics and doxycycline must have been the magic one because after a few doses I had no fever. T

Diagnosis CF flare, asthma flare and "regular" bronchitis.

So they finally let me go at 1pm monday. There are now concerns about my heart rate and oxygen levels though. So I see a cardiologist tuesday and then am getting an appointment with my pulmo. Already seen my family doctor who I think if she had her way would have kept me in a little longer.

I am still having major trouble with nausea and living on phenergan and a very limited diet. And having issues staying hydrated. I've been told to eat anything I want...just get food in and to drink anything I want as long as it has no caffeine....even all the sprite I want! And yet I've been to sick to enjoy being told those things

I have to say that my hospital stay went good...as good as it does for anyone. I was concerned with my anxiety issues and all that it would be really rough. Not so. Everyone was fantastic to me...from the RT to the nurses to the doctors to the CNAs to the dietician. Everyone was knowledgable about cystic fibrosis. It was a good experience...not one I really want t o repeat anytime soon haha but atleast I know I can make it through a hospital stay emotionally. This being my first in quite awhile.

I think the whole ER, respiratory therapy and 3rd floor know me by name at this point.

Glad to be home and hoping some of the upcoming appointments can shed some light on things

No comments:

Post a Comment