Sunday, March 18, 2012

home sweet home!

Its not secret to those of you who are friends with me on facebook that I just spent 8 days inpatient for depression treatment.

It started with a doctor's visit. Let me just say I knew going to that doctor's appointment what was going to happen. I seriously wanted to die, wanted to hurt myself. I knew I needed to be somewhere where I could watched 24/7. Anyway my doctor sent me across the street to the WCH ER where I stayed for 14 hours. It took that long for the pysch eval and placement. I was placed at a facility called the lighthouse

I have nothing but good things to say about that facility and the staff! My doctor and therapist were awesome, the mental health techs, nurses and recreational therapist were awesome too.

When you get there you are placed on "LOS" (line of sight) for 24hrs. lin of sight means you have to be in the sight of a staff member at all times I got off of it saturday and ended up back on it saturday night-thursday. Yes I had some freak outs but I really learned how to calm myself down. I learned lots of coping skills and about expressing myself in healthy ways. I made lots of friends and by the time I left all the staff knew me by name and everyone hugged me goodbye

I really needed that. I needed the structure, I needed the intensive therapy and being around others like me.

I'm on seroquel, geodon, prozac, lamictal, buspar, doxepin and ambien ( seroquel, ambien and doxepin for sleep, geodon for the urges to hurt myself, lamictal for mood swings, buspar for anxiety, prozac for depression). Its aall really helping. I feel better than I have in months!

I have follow up appointments here in town tuesday. My diagnosis is still major depression (treatment resistant) but I'm on all the meds that someone biplar would be on

I was dreading being inpatient but really it was not bad. It was hard but I knew I needed to be there. I think it was harder on my parents than on me! Last saturday night was hard on all of us when they came for visitation and then left without me. They weren't there when I was transported from the ER to the lighthouse so that was the first time they had seen me since the ER

I think the longest part of the whole ordeal was the 14hrs in the ER!

No comments:

Post a Comment