Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thoughts...

Today was one of the rare days since March that I could feel the old rebekah shining through, even if just a little while.

My mom had a day off....very rare for her....beautiful SC weather....so we did what any sensible southerner would do and hit the beach.

Somewhere in the midst of swimming in the creek, playing in the waves and looking for shells I realized that I was something that has become rare for me...HAPPY! Yes I was truly happy, I was enjoying myself, letting my guard down and just having fun.

Its something that has been rare since March. Not many moments have I felt truly happy. But times like these the old rebekah peaks through and gives me the hope that things will get better and times like today will become more frequent. I experienced the same thing after being diagnosed with CF and finally came back to a place of getting my life together and deciding to live and I know I will do the same this time. Even more rare has been letting my guard down and being without anxiety...so no matter how brief that time may have been today I got a piece of myself back

No comments:

Post a Comment