Tuesday, March 30, 2010

feelings lie

So today has been a "blah" day today....its 6:30 and all I want to do is crawl into bed

Its days like today I try to remember feelings vs truth (and a big thanks to the awesome randy hiatt for this lesson...one of the many things I learned during therapy with him)

Even if I feel like God doesn't love me, like the whole world is against me and everyone hates me....feeling those things doesn't make them true. Its time like this that you have to fall back onto knowledge. I know God loves me, I know he fearfully and wonderfully made me and that all things work together for good for those that know him. I know these things because the Bible tells me these things and I believe the Bible is THE word of God.

I know the world isn't against me and noone hates me because I can look at all the support...the notes, emails and facebook comments and see that I am very much loved and supported

Emotions are fickle...ask any teenage girl or pmsing woman! THey change frequently. We have to build our lives on what we know to be true and not what we feel. This is especially true I have found with God...because we won't always have those fuzzy God loves emotions. Things will be tough, we will sometimes feel like he has left us...thats when we rely on what we know and we know He never leaves us

No comments:

Post a Comment