Thursday, April 1, 2010

What does it take to fight CF?

Or alteast what does it take to keep the beast at bay? Cystic Fibrosis really is a high maintenance disease.

I do atleast 4 nebulizer treatments a day (albuterol and Hypertonic saline 2x a day), 30 minutes of the Vest 2x a day and sometimes follow that up with 10 minutes of the Acapella , 2 puffs of Symbicort 2x a day. Ventolin inhaler as needed through the day/night, nasonex 1x a day and sinus washes twice a day. This is the bare minimum. I've spent most of the winter with the vest and nebulizer treatments 4x a day and added meds to the neb treatments

In addition I take atleast two pills every time I eat, vitamins, calcium (at just 16 my bones were borderline osteoporosis), protonix etc.

Its not just the meds and therapy that keep the monster at bay. Its also a healthy dose of optimism, determination, faith and lots of prayer...both mine and those of others! Its living everyday to the fullest and savoring the healthy days and pushing through the not so healthy. Its having trust in the doctors. Its knowing that God is with me every step of the way

THATS what it takes to fight CF

No comments:

Post a Comment