Sunday, July 31, 2011

Can I have a break(from life)

I want a break. I want a week to do nothing but stay in bed and sleep. A week where I don't have to talk to anyone, don't have to answer the phone, don't have to clean anything.

I think butterflies are on to something...I think a cocoon is brilliant. Quiet time to change, to become something new. Where you are alone, not judged, not expected to do anything but to grow and change. And where each step makes you stronger....the first being breaking out of the cocoon (did you know if a butterfly has help...like a well meaning person that sometimes its wings neever strengthen enough to fly...the struggle is what strengthens the wings) and then the first flight and so forth.

I admit it...a lot of times I would rather face things by myself. I work my problems out best alone (well with God of course). I like my quiet time.

Don't get me wrong...I like to be by myself but I also like to be around my family. I just need alone time too. I always have...even as a child I would shut myself in my room with a stack of books and stay there for hours.

But I only wish it was possible to put myself in a cocoon for a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment