Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let your light shine (even when you think its burnt out)

My favorite song right now is "let your light shine" by Addison Road. its a take on the familar Christian children's song "this little light of mine"

I don't know about you but sometimes I feel like my light is burnt out. Sometimes I feel like life is all rain and pain and sorrow. Its hard to see the light, love and joy around us and in us. Its easy to forget in the midst of the storm that the storm has to happen for the rainbow to shine.

We all have baggage. We all struggle, our struggles our different but at the same time the pain is the same

I'll admit that lately has been one of those times that I feel like I dont even have a light to shine. I feel like the melted candle mess when its time to throw the candle away. Ellie dying, I had awful migraines for a week and now its my lungs and so far I haven't responded to medicine. Yeah that sucks. This week is 2 months since Ellie passed and March will be 3 years since the rape.

Somedays getting out of bed is the best I can do. Whether its because I can't breathe or whether its because I feel like I'm being suffocated by life.

However 2012 is a new year and while I wasn't going to set any goals or resolutions my mind was changed. Its a new year, new oppertunity for growth. As long as we're alive we can grow and change!

Do I think these things will be easy? few things worth it in life are! But I've got lots of people on my side and most importantly GOD! Its so easy when things get difficult to get mad at God...I've been struggling with that. My light for Him burns bright until things get hard and then the devil blows it out

I'm going to be honest here and say something I have never said before. The devil constantly uses my past to make me feel worthless and dirty and unloveable to God. Yes I made a bad decision that led to being rape. No always means no and NOONE has the right to force you into something you don't want to do be it by threats and manipulation or physical force (or in my case both). I can say that until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't do me a bit of good until I believe it myself. And the devil constantly tells me its my fault.

I've got to take God's word and trust Him more than the stupid devil. I've got to believe what I tell others. Its a lot easier to say things than it is to believe them

Stay tuned to my blog in 2012 . And scroll down for lyrics to Let my light shine














There's a little flame inside us all
Some shine bright
Some shine small
The rains will come
And the waters rise
But don't you ever lose your light

In this life you will know
Love and pain
Joy and sorrow
So when it hurts
When times get hard
Don't forget who's child you are

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm Gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine

May you live each day
With no regret
Make the most of every chance you get
And your eyes get wide
When you look at the stars
With the same sense of wonder as a child's heart

With the ones you love
Treasure the time
And for those who are gone
Keep the memories alive

Hold on to your dreams
Don't ever let go
There's a fire inside you
Burning with hope

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine

There will be days when you wanna give up
When clouds settle in
But after the rain comes the sun
Don't you ever forget
Don't forget
Don't, don't forget

One day there will be no more pain
And we will finally see Jesus' face
So until then I'm gonna try
To brave the dark
And let my little light shine

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine
Oh, shine
Gonna let it shine
There's a little light inside us all

No comments:

Post a Comment