Sunday, May 20, 2012

when you're going through hell...keep on going

So heres my update. Not much different than my last one

In my therapy session I found out my diagnosis is still labeled as Major Depressive Disorder with  Generalized Anxiety Disorder and PTSD. But they are treating me like someone with bipolar and have used words like "mania". Really I think they don't want to label it for many reasons but as long as the meds and therapy are working!

which is another matter. ARE they working? It seemed like it and now I don't know. I can't get in to see the psych until July (so much for going back in 4 weeks like she wanted). But really things have been a downhill slide. I''m on Geodon, Seroquel, Lamictal, Prozac and Buspar with Xanax as needed. Enough to sedate a horse yet I can't stay still (therapist said thats a hallmark feature of depression..usually you either cant or wont get out of bed or you can't focus and can't sit still) or sleep. I take that back...I sleep pretty good at night but all day I'm bouncing from one task to another without finishing anything. will be calling the therapist tomorrow and begging her to atleast talk to the psych. I just don't want another hospital stay

I really think the therapy is working. Now Ive spent the better part of ten years in therapy...I thought I had learned everything there is but this therapist has new insight and some different ways of doing things that has helped. we've really clicked IMO and she's not afraid to push me!

Happier subjects...Abby is almost 5 months old and is approx 35 pounds. Not too big for a golden retriever. Her loves are playing fetch, chewing bones and digging holes (holes big enough for her to fall in!). She loves to stay in with me all day and go golf cart riding. She looks totally different than Ellie and acts totally different. She's calmer while Ellie was a free spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment