Thursday, May 3, 2012

From my journal

Was going through my old journals and decided to post some of my writing from it:

I'm not made to walk. I was made to fly. Made to be a beyootiful butterfly. To have all the colors of the rainbow in my wings. To soar. Struggling to break out of my coccoon. For my maker to glimpse me  as the new creation I am. I was not made to stay a caterpillar. Abba has made me a new creation
.................................................................................................................................................................

This world is not my home. I was made for better things. I'm just passing through, visiting this old world. I'll never fit in because this was not meant to be my home. One day I will have wings and soar. My lungs will and my heart will beat without  help. Not only will I fly but I'll run too!
.................................................................................................................................................................

I fall down
And its tempting
Not to get back up]
But then I hear
A whisper from God
Telling me the race
Isn't over yet
..................................................................................................................................................................

Young woman sitting on a street corner. Head in her hands, tears streaming down her face, heart broken. Lots of people passed her by but noone acted like they saw her. Suddenly she felt someone standing behind her and she turned around to look. She gasped as she realized who it was. Jesus! You're Jesus, she stammered. Yes I am...I know you are too tired to go on so I came to help. Don't you know my burden is light. Come on I'll carry you

Next thing she knew she was on Jesus's back. Her dirty grimy self on his clean white robe. He just laughed and said it could be washed, She held on tight, arms around His neck with her eyes shut tight and a smile on her face. She thanked Him and He said....I love you and I am always with you. All you have to do is call my name and grab hold of me
....................................................................................................................................................................

All alone or atleast thats how it feels
Broken hearted, scared to death
Then I realize I am never alone
Jesus is waiting to heal my heart
Waiting for me to come
cast my cares on Him
He reaches out His hand
And says come Beloved
So all those days I thought
That I was all alone
I wasn't. All those tears I cried
Jesus saw and counted
All those sleepless nights
He was there
...................................................................................................................................................................

Who is that girl in the mirror? Where did the sparkle in her eyes go? That infectious smile is gone. Her eyes are flat with tears. The smile replaced with a frown. So much taken from her in one night. A few hours and one man changed her life forever. Sure she's alive but he might as well have killed her. He took her spirit, her light. Can she get them back?
....................................................................................................................................................................

TO be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment