Friday, April 27, 2012

Poetry

Here are some poems...recent and from a ways back

Lifeless eyes
Haunting memories
Hurting Heart
Thats all thats left
But lord I give you
These pieces
I know you can make
me whole again
Hold me tight
lord take these broken pieces
causes thats all I have left to give

Hold on tight
sometimes thats all
we can do
hold on tight
when everything
is shattering
when the pieces
don't fall into place
and 2+2 doesnt =4
Hold tight
never let go
of the hand
who holds
the world

Darkness comes
she no longer sees in color
her world is dark
shadows loom in her mind
ghosts of the past haunt
memories of yesterday
hold her prisoner

Scaredy cat
looks too much
before she leaps
Sometimes daring
not to leap at all
She's too cautious
too unsure of herself
too afraid to try
She wishes she could
just jump right in
no worrying about the ifs

Mirror Mirror on the wall she sighs
Will I ever be pretty enough she cries
Or good enough for this cruel world
Mirror Mirror on the wall she cries
Help the world to see the real me
The one locked down below the surface
Cause I'm more than what they see

No comments:

Post a Comment