Sunday, May 9, 2010

Butterflies pt 2

So I've been thinking and have some more things to say on the subject of butterflies.

I'm sure some people think its weird that I am a Christian and focus on butterflies seemingly more than the cross. I have tons of butterfly jewelry and one cross necklace and one messianic star of david necklace.

I don't think its weird. To me butterflies capture 2 corinthians 5:17 perfectly (17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!). The old me was a caterpillar, the change and accepting Christ the cocoon and the butterfly is the new creation.

And in way more ways I am a new person though. Not only from the transformation of becoming a Christian but God's work through a wonderful doctor and medication to help me become even more of a new creation and new person. In some ways I feel ready to try my wings out but then I'm still scared to fly, scared my wings won't hold me.

Some days I have to remind myself that I am a beyootiful butterfly even though I might not always feel it. I'm made to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment