Monday, March 7, 2011

non compliant...yeah thats me

So I debated about posting this but decided to.

I quit my Lopressor. It was making me feel awful...zapping what little energy I have and making my depression 100x worse as well as untreatable. It was also interacting with my albuterol. and dropping my blood pressure too low

Lopressor would not prolong my life, my heart rate causes me no issues or atleast nothing like what the lopressor was doing to me. I'm all about quality....living life, enjoying it, being happy and making the most of everyday. I've had test after test and my heart is not life threatening. Yes if it continues to beat fast it will "wear out" but come on with how crappy my lungs are I really doubt my heart have a chance to wear out. Besides even with the lopressor my hr was staying 120-125 which is only about a 10 beat difference from no meds. my new family doctor actually voiced some concerns about me being on a beta blocker and my heart rate does not trouble my lung dr at all. So yeah. Not to mention if I stayed on it and it continued to interfere with my albuterol (making albuterol not work as good) well then yeah THAT could kill me...gotta have albuterol

I refuse to take medication thats going to make miserable for something thats not bothering me and probably won't kill me. I had long decided no pacemaker, no shocking my heart back into rythym and no cardiac ablation. I am not willing to try a different type of med because most carry risks for worsening depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment