Tuesday, March 22, 2011

updates

So I've been off of prednisone for about 10 days. I have experienced a drop in lung function but I guess thats to be expected especially as the pollen is triggering my reactive airways. On inhaled steroids (symbicort) and nasal steroids (nasonex). Just got to the point where I don't have to wear a mask inside when I'm out but now I have to wear one when I'm outside for more than a few minutes.

Took Ellie on the golf cart the last few days to a development near by where my parents own a lot. There are no houses or anything so no traffic and lots of place for ellie to run. We played and had a good time...mask and all. Feels good to get outside

I feel like a member of the real world again....thursday walmart in the AM, grocery shopping with my mom in PM, friday a trip with the gma to the mall, the new dollar tree etc. Lots of fun. Of couse I spent my money on books. It really feels great to be doing these things...I know they seem so mundane but after being shut in all winter its HUGE! The out to eat saturday night with a bunch of friends and I finally made it back to sunday school sunday.

So I've found a good way to spend treatment time...Bible Study! I have an amazing NKJV Bible that I have just started using and I love it. I do my devotion in the morning, read some in the Bible and maybe journal. At night I am going through the book of Hebrews with a max lucado study, read some more in the Bible and journal. God has greatly blessed my efforts and I can tell a huge difference in my attitude and my thoughts. I'm really enjoying learning new things.

I feel like a new person without the lopressor! My HR is 110-130 which is about the same as on the Lopressor. I trust God that I made the right decision and it has made a huge difference. I don't regret quitting it for a minute

So thats whats going on

No comments:

Post a Comment