Saturday, June 25, 2011

Letter to heaven...has it really been 12 years?

Dear Granddaddy,
Has it really been 12 years since you left us? You told us at lunch that day that your heart just couldn't take much more and your time was coming....and you died that night. You never got to see any of your grandchildren graduate from highschool...you missed Josh graduating by a year. Can you believe he is getting married in a month? You would really love Kara and I'm sad you never got to meet her. I know you will be watching from heaven on their special day.
What is heaven like? Is it one big praise party? What's Jesus like? How does it feel to see God face to face? Is heaven really pretty? Are there really streets of gold and big houses?
12 years ago I was 14. An awkward, shy 14 year old. I left for camp the day of your funeral because you were so excited I was going. I think thats what you would have wanted. I hope you are looking down at me and proud of the young woman I have become and what I've overcome.
We all still miss you, especially grandmama and daddy. Cindy still won't talk about you. It really seems like just yesterday. I miss sitting outside with you drinking grape soda and playing checkers. I miss our talks about fish and looking at your aquarium. I miss watching wheel of fortune with you and seeing you in your blue sweater. I remember your love for God and nature...I'd like to think I inherited both as well as your gentleness
You wouldn't believe the kind of TVs we have now...you would love the LCD flatscreens! And digital cable! We still talk about you when we look at TVs in the store.
I know heaven must be wonderful!

love
rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment