Friday, June 24, 2011

What I want you to know

What I want you to know is...........

That I am more than a disease, more than a life expectancy. I'm more than a statistic. I am Bekah, I am a child of God. I am a bookworm, a writer, an animal lover. I love to laugh, I love to sing and be silly. My idea of a good night is curling up in bed with my furry babies and a book after my treatments are done.. I love the beach, I love a good bookstore, butterflies and monkies. The color pink is my favorite. I love to read my Bible. I love puzzles and being with my family. I can't stand grasshoppers, snakes and the dark. My favorite food is pizza and I love fresh fruit. Easter is my favorite holiday. NCIS, the twilight zone, I love lucy and empty nest are my favorite shows. 16 and pregnant and toddlers and tiaras are my guilty pleasures. I have dreams and hopes. I have fears and insecurities

Thats what I want people to see. That despite having CF....I am a normal person. Yes I do many hours of treatments, yes I take a lot of pills. Yes I spend A LOT of time hooked to machines everyday. But I am just like you. I am smart (have been called brilliant), I am a speed reader. CF does not affect my mind. Yes I don't work but thats because I CAN'T! That doesn't mean I have no life. Yes I need naps...but I don't sleep my life away. Yes I look like a steroid freak sometimes...I can't help it. I know I am overweight..you try being on steroids for the better part of 13 years. Yes my health is not good but I am not fragile. I am stronger than I look and stronger than you think. Life is terminal...we're all gonna die. Some sooner than others. Only God knows when. And this world is not my home...I was made for more than all of this.

Yes I don't always act sick...if I acted sick then I would never get out of bed. Yes I smile and laugh a lot even in pain...why not? I'm going to make the best out of this life that God blessed me with. Don't judge how sick I am by the way I look or act!

No comments:

Post a Comment