Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jesus was human too

Most of you who follow me on caringbridge and facebook know that I lost my best friend last week. Friday morning Ellie somehow got out of the house (we didnt call her houdini for nothing!) and got hit by a car. The car was going way too fast and the woman took off. This was across the street and one house down from us. Just like that my precious golden retriever ellie belly was gone. Ellie is what kept me going after the rape, she was the reason to get out of the bed, she helped to venture out the house...without her I would have ended up an agoraphobic hermit. God sent me a special angel!

These last few days have devastating for my whole family. Ellie was a huge part of our lives.

I'm determined to be like Job though and I will not curse or blame God

I've learned a lot of things in these last few days. We know a lot and focus on Jesus's divinity a lot. And yes thats really important. REALLY important. But we lose sight of the fact that Jesus was human too. He cried, He hurt, He got colds, He lost friends and family. One of the most famous verses of the Bible is "Jesus wept". He wept for Lazarus even knowing He was going to raise Him from the dead...that didn't stop His heart from breaking. He begged God to not have to go to the cross...BEGGED! We sometimes forget that since He was human that He felt the pain of crucifixion just like we would have. And sometimes in this world Jesus felt all alone....He was despised...one of his disciples turned Him over to authorities, another denied knowing Him not once but three times.

He knows what we go through because He went through it too! We don't serve a distant God who doesn't know pain and hurt. Yes Jesus was fully God but He was fully human too. Only He didn't sin. But He suffered.

I feel closer to Jesus than ever right now...I guess thats one last gift from Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment