Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scars

So its summer, its south carolina and its HOT! Which means swim suits, tank tops etc

Which means my scars show. My arms, particularly on the shoulder area are pretty extensively scarred as are my upper legs and even to an extent my stomach. And yes they are from self inflicted injuries.

I used to be embarrassed and not wear anything that would show them. I burned up in shirts with sleeves to my elbows and capris and wore a tshirt over my bathing suit. Not anymore

I'm not proud of what I did. I'm not. I wish I could go back and make it where those things never happened. But I look at my scars as a reminder that I'm stronger than I think I am. I've done something few people ever completely do...quit hurting myself. I've gone through some horrific stuff in my life and while yes it got me down, yes I did things I regret...I'm ALIVE! I survived. I didn't kill myself or even attempt to (little do people know that cutting is NOT a suicide attempt).

WHen it comes down to it...my scars remind me I am a SURVIVOR. Not a victim...a SURVIVOR

No comments:

Post a Comment