Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fear(less)

So I've been reading Max Lucado's new book "Fearless". Perfect timing as I am getting ready to face one of my biggest fears...or atleast it has been my biggest fear wsince the assault.

According to Lucado Fear not and its deriatives are the most common words of Jesus. Atleast they are his common command...125 times in the gospels Jesus tells us "not be afraid", "have courage" or "take heart". Compare that with the 2nd most to love God and our nieghbor which is only mentioned 8 times.

I've spent a lot time being afraid lately. Being anxious and worrying..tomorrow I will face one of my big fears and the only thing to do is trust God. "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you"

I holding my hand out in the dark for Him to take hold of, trusting He will hold it and walk me through the next few days.

We all fear sometimes, we wouldn't be human if we didn't. Its whether we let that fear hold us back or whether we grab a hold or God and reach out to Him that matters. "Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Thats a lesson I really need to remember as fear has overtaken me since march. Fear of being alone, Fear of leaving the house, Fear of the guy who attacked me, Fear of others like him.

Am I ready to become fear(less)? I'm trying, trying, trying. I'm reaching out to God and praying for my fear to become courage. Living in fear only empowers those who have hurt me

No comments:

Post a Comment